Update Level 2 – 15 September
SUNDAY SERVICE – 20 September
As we are still in Level 2 restrictions, we are again limited to 100 people at our 10am service. We are trying to accomodate the many in our congregation that have been unable to attend in the past month. Please be patient as we create our list which will be emailed out Thursday evening. If you have not been allocated a seat, we request that you please do not come to the service. Instead, we encourage you to watch and worship along with us on YouTube. When it is available, you can find the link below.
This would be a great time to gather in homes to watch the service with your families, as a growth group or just as brothers and sisters in Christ. If you want help finding some people to join with, please contact Salena here.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. We pray you are having a wonderful week and finding creative ways to worship and praise our God during this season.
Update – Level 2 – 15 August
Good morning church family –
Here is the latest info on our church service for tomorrow. We are going ahead with the 10am service with a limitation of 100 people. Tomorrow’s service is being led by our youth and when we add up all of their family members, along with the families of those serving, we do not have many open seats available, so we will not open registration. Those with confirmed seats will hear from either me or Sarah Croucher by 3pm today.
We ask that anyone feeling unwell please stay home. We do know there have been quite a few within our congregation under the weather recently, so this may be a nice time to rest and recuperate.
If you do not have a seat reserved, here are some options for worship:
- As in our previous Level 2 experience, we encourage you to gather in groups as appropriate, whether that is to have your own “service”, prayer time or just a lunch. Let’s continue to build our community.
- The 9am and 11am Hornby services will be livestreamed. You can locate those services on our YouTube channel here
In the next couple days we will provide more information regarding service plans for next week. Announcements will be made via our website, Facebook and email.
In a couple weeks we will be starting our series on Hosea. I am attaching the Bible Project overview of the book to get you thinking about the series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE6SZ1ogOVU
If you have any questions, please reach out. Be kind to each other and to yourselves. Lean into God and on His word. His love is a firm foundation.
Lots of love,
Tana, on behalf of the Team at Hope Rolleston
Update from Steve – Level 2 – 12 August
As we sit here reflecting on the events of the past week it reminds me of the scripture that Peter uses in 1 Peter 4:7 where we have this imagery of sudden, unexpected change, the kind that occurs without warning.And last night’s government announcement reminded us how quickly and unexpectedly things can change. So, as a church we wanted to reach out and connect with you and let you know a couple of things.
1. We realise this news may bring up feelings of anxiety, pressure and stress as we think about the “what ifs” of the future. Our prayer for you all, and your families, is that you will experience God’s peace and assurance in these days ahead….as we know of the LIVING HOPE (1 Peter 1:3) that is available in Christ Jesus. Alongside that, if you need to talk or would like assistance please let us know.
2. Secondly, we wanted to outline the plan for this Sunday:
LEVEL 1 – Post Friday Night: As it stands, with level 2 now in place until Friday night, we are intending to have our normal service at Rolleston School Hall this Sunday. Our hope and prayer is that come Saturday morning we will all be back at level 1 and Sunday services will continue on as normal without restrictions.
LEVEL 2 – Post Friday Night: IF however, we find come Saturday morning that we are required to stay at level 2, then the following plan will kick into action:
- One service at 10am at Rolleston School Hall.
- This will be limited to 100 – registration will be made available on Saturday morning and will come via a link to this email address.
- There will be no live streaming this Sunday – however we will endeavour to record it on a camera and post it on our YouTube page after the service.
- Scheduled vote will be delayed.
LEVEL 3 – Post Friday Night: If we find on Saturday morning that the nation has to go into level 3 lock down, there will be no church services on Sunday and we will fire up the Hope at Home platform again where our site pastors will lead a service from their home which will be posted Sunday morning. Again our scheduled vote will be delayed until we can all be back in the room together.
LEVEL 4 – Post Friday Night – Same as at level 3
We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep everyone informed as appropriate. Our primary channels of communication with you over the next days – particularly this Saturday morning- will be email, Facebook, and our website. Please keep an eye on these 3 platforms to receive the most up to date information.
If you would like to contact us with more questions, you’d be most welcome to either via phone or email on the below numbers.
Whanau, whatever happens over these next days, let us be reminded that “Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.” He is the light in the darkness and in Him we need not fear or be anxious. Hand it over to Him, let him carry the burden.
God bless and we will communicate again on Saturday morning.